Friday, July 25, 2014

I Love to See the Temple

On June 24th 2014, I had the incredible opportunity to enter the Lord's house. I was able to go through the Bountiful, UT temple and receive my endowment. 

Going to the temple is something you dream about and prepare for your entire life. I've known and loved the song "I love to see the temple" for as long as I can remember. 

"I love to see the temple.  I'm going there someday. To Feel the Holy Spirit, To listen and to pray.For the temple is a house of God,A place of love and beauty.I'll prepare myself while I am young; This is my sacred duty."

"I love to see the temple. I'll go inside someday. I'll covenant with my Father; I'll promise to obey. For the temple is a holy place where we are sealed together. As a child of God, I've learned this truth: A Family is forever."

In the temple you truly do feel the spirit so strongly. You do go there to feel the "holy spirit", to "listen" and to "pray". It is truly the Lord's house and the spirit is so tangible inside. The sacred covenants made with my Heavenly Father are so important to me. The temple is truly the only way we can get back to Him.

"Your endowment is, to receive all those ordinances in the house of the Lord, which are necessary for you, after you have departed this life, to enable you to walk back to the presence of the Father." -Brigham Young

 The work that is done in the temple is so important. I LOVE being a part of temple work. What a blessing it is in the lives of those it is done for and also in our own lives. It's a win for everyone. I can't wait to go back more and more. The more you go the more you learn to LOVE it and appreciate the importance of temples and temple work. 


 What a blessing it was to have two of my best friends there with me! These two are gems. I actually went through the day before Maisie left for her mission!





I was able to go to the Brigham City temple the next day with one of my sweet best friends Sydnie who is now serving in Eugene, Oregon. How lucky are we to have so many temples so close.



No comments:

Post a Comment