Hola Amigos :)
What a crazy week!
Leadership counsel, two days of Visa paperwork, CONFERENCE, and Transfers! This transfer FLEW! I´m staying here in San Luis with Hermana Lloyd! So stoked for another miracle filled transfer! :)
Even though we had little time to truly work in our area we saw lots of happy things :) We could visit the Rivera family again and they are so awesome, but wow, its tough to reactivate. Better to just never leave eh? But our good friend Zoe Rivera, is adorable, every time she sees us she gives us a big hug and when we leave she says thank you so sincerely. She made us cute little bracelets this week :) Awe.
But the BEST part of this week was CONFERENCE. Elena and Mario were both able to come! Elena was so funny, she was SO excited all week. She was explaining to Nahuel (her son) about how cool conference was.... she said... "Nahuel... they are like REAL LIVE prophets!!" She loved it and said that she was sure every single talk was written for her.... I also... loved it and felt the same way. Literally every talk was written just for me ;)
But really I adored conference... it just gets BETTER and BETTER every time. Also don´t think it has ever gone by so fast! I think one of my very favorite parts was the sustaining of the 3 new apostles... Elder Gary E. Stevenson, Ronald A. Rasband, and Dale G. Renlund. It was amazing to truly feel of their authority and their sacred calling. I truly do sustain them and feel so grateful for the blessing to have such inspired men at the head of this church. I absolutely loved conference and can´t begin to share all my thoughts but here are my favorite key points and quotes (They are definitely not exact haha):
· "Exaltation is our goal and discipleship is our journey." -Elder Uchtdorf
· "God´s grace is sufficient that his work can be completed through mortals." -Elder Ballard
· "For a heart to heal, it has to first, break before the Lord" -Neill Marriot
· "Our direction is evermore important than our speed." "We need to be better today than we were yesterday and better tomorrow than we are today" "We won´t reach perfection until beyond the grave, but here we can lay the foundation." -Larry Lawrence
· "Self Control is like a muscle, the more you use it, the stronger it gets" -Elder Cook
· "Maintaining temple worthy lives will hold together all that really matters"- Elder Cook
· "None of us marry perfection, we marry potential." -Elder Hales
· "In moments of temptation, may we behold our mothers.." -Elder Holland
· "Let us have the desire to inspire hearts of men, not just impress them." -Gregory A. Switchzer
· "Small efforts sustained over time bring big results." -Devin G. Durrant
· "HIs commandments are a manifestation of HIs love for us. And our obedience is a manifestation of our love for Him" -Carole M. Stephens
· "Avoidance of sin is the preferred pattern of life" "Repentance is not easy, things of eternal significance rarely are." -Allen D. Haynie
· "We don´t have to be perfect but we need to be good at getting better." Kim B. Clark
· "When you cannot do what you have always done, you do what matters most." Elder Hales (Quoted by Elder Bednar)
I absolutely love the motivation and desire to improve that comes from conference. What a great opportunity to just be a little better :) I feel so grateful for a living prophet and 12 apostles and for their powerful witnesses...
"Wherefore we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy, and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea."
As we truly search the prophets and their special witnesses our faith becomes unshaken, and we find a hope in a world full of confusion and discouragement. I feel such peace as I listen to God´s servants testify of Him and His son Jesus Christ. What a blessing :)
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson
Hermana Gonzales and Hermana Kiel :) Capas!
Hermana Gonzales :) My favorite Mexicana :)
Hermana Masoner and Hermana Harris :)
French Toast and Pancake Sandwiches :)
Dulce de Leche makes everything better :)
Conference Breakfast :)
Mousse.... con las Hermanas :)