Friday, August 29, 2014

The Lord Calls the Weak

 HOLA AMIGOS!
This week FLEW by. I have a feeling it is just going to keep going by faster and faster. And also... getting better and better. I LOVE the MTC and I LOVE being a missionary. It is truly amazing. 

This week started out a little funny. So our first investigator Roberto... learned real quick.. apparently I'm a really good teacher, because in just a week and a half... he got baptized, served a mission and got married in the temple. Haha. Because he showed up as our teacher; his name is actually not in fact Roberto, but Hermano Croft from Salt Lake City :) We had no idea. But it was a really good experience. He showed up in our class in a white shirt and tie with a name badge and we all said... say what?! It's been amazing though. He's taught us a lot.

One day in class we got talking about how stressed and inadequate we feel and our teacher brought up some scriptures. He told us about the story of Enoch and how he asked the lord: "Why is it that I have found favor in your sight and am but a lad, and all the people hate me, for I am slow of speech."and the Lord says "Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth and I will give thee utterance, walk with me." I loved that. Somedays...actually most days, I feel slow of speech and feel so weak, but I know that there's a reason I'm here and that I'm not alone. Heavenly Father is really lookin out for me. I also love the scripture he shared that says "Wherefore I call upon the WEAK things of the world, those who are unlearned and despised to thrash the nations by the power of my spirit." (D&C 35:13). The lord calls upon the weak that we can become strong, he TRUSTS us. I am so stoked to thrash the nations by the power of the spirit :)

I learned this lesson of the Lord calling the weak at a good time. Because... this Sunday my companion and I were called as the Sister Training Leaders for our zone. It's like Zone Leaders but for the Sisters. I feel a little scared about it because most of the other STL's have been here for like 4 or 5 weeks. But it will be okay! We got new Hermanas yesterday and we got to show them around and all that fun stuff. They are going to be such a blessing to our zone. 

This Sunday was a good one! We got to hear the director of the missionary program speak. He was so funny! He cracked me up. He talked about all the ways Satan tries to push our button. Satan is such a little punk. I love devotionals because I get to see so many awesome people. This week I got to see Bennett Robinett, Shalai Matagi, Raegan Sasser, KJ Adachi, and Courtney Clawson! So fun! I love being at main campus and looking at all the cool languages on the name tags! I just want to talk to every single person and learn about every single country because I LOVE people and I LOVE different countries.

This Monday I got a new companion... well actually just an extra! :) Her name is Hermana Cowitz from Toronto Canada. Her district was in our zone and she was the only one not going to Argentina and was leaving to her mission in Fresno, California a couple days later! So it was so fun having her around for the last couple days! 


Well... that's it for now! I LOVE this gospel and I absolutely LOVE being here and being surrounded by so many stellar missionaries who are all united in one purpose. It's a great time to be a missionary! :)

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Mi companera Hermana Ellgen.

 Our district leader Elder Johnston, and his stellar companion Elder Wilson.

 Classtime. All day. Everyday.

 MTC comedy. 

 There are ambassador friends all over the place! Hermana Blair and I got to see our good friend KJ! 



 My trio companionship! (Me, Hermana Cowitz, Hermana Ellgen) They are so amazing!



My dear sweet bud, the one and only Elder Bennett Robinett. What a stud.

No comments:

Post a Comment