Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

HOLA!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
I truly am so grateful to be here during this special time of year! 
This week has been stellar, SO much to do. SO many people to visit and help!

This week we found two more less active families. Heavenly Father just keeps putting people in our path that need our help! It's crazy how many less actives there are here! One family we visited this week were among the very first members here in Malargue, and unfortunately have all gone inactive. As we got talking to the mom she told us of how she still knows that her Savior loves her and that she still loves Him. Then she showed us a canister stuffed full of bills, that contained all the tithing from all these years she has been inactive. How precious is that? That. Is a testimony of tithing. Now we just got to get her those blessings eh? 

This week we had another lesson with Karen, she´s 17 and has a month old baby, and she´s so sweet. We taught her about the Book of Mormon and after we asked her if she thought it was true and she said, yeah I know its true. What? Haha she´s never read it. But how´s that for faith. I have no doubt that pretty soon she´ll know for sure that it's true! 

With Thanksgiving coming this week I have been thinking a lot about Gratitude! I have truly realized the meaning of Gratitude, Not to see what is lacking, but to rejoice in what we have! It´s SO easy to think of all the things we are lacking, and think of all the things that we need or desire. I feel like many times the culprit is comparison."Comparison truly is the thief of Gratitude." When we are focusing on what others have we are forgetting the many blessings that we have received!

 I LOVE the scripture in D&C 78:19: "And he who receiveth ALL things with thankfulness shall be made glorious..." I love that it says ALL things.. Not, just your blessings or just your strengths, but ALL things. There truly is Gratitude to be found in every aspect of life. I have truly learned to become grateful for every single one of my weaknesses and trials, because I know my Heavenly Father knows me personally and every one of my trials and weaknesses are part of the personal plan HE has for me to become the person he wants me to be. For this we cannot compare; our blessings and trials are individual and we have them for a reason! He knows us personally! What a blessing!

 I truly love this time of year! As much as I would love to spend Thanksgiving with the people I am most thankful for, I am SO grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father, and to give back even just a slightest portion of the blessings and love He has shown me :) What a BLESSING this gospel is! I am so grateful for all the love and support and the people in my life! 

Happy Thanksgiving!
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

This week the Andher´s daughter and son-in-law came to visit! So fun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment