Tuesday, December 2, 2014

HE is the Gift

HOLA!
I hope everyone had a stellar Thanksgiving! 

I didn´t necessarily have a Thanksgiving dinner, but my comp and I celebrated by having pancakes when we got back to the pension :) I was grateful to take the time and think about how truly blessed I am. My companion and I were talking and I was telling her how sometimes I just feel so lucky... but really we don´t just have "luck" we have blessings, blessings from doing good things! Ya feel?

This week we had the opportunity to go out proselyting twice with Carina (she´s 22 a member of a year and a half). It was so helpful to have a member in the lesson! There is a spirit really strong that comes from having a member testify! When we went out the first time with Carina we talked about missions and the blessing they are. And yesterday when we left with her again she told us that she has made the decision to serve a full time mission because of how she felt when she came out with us on Tuesday, and is going to meet with the President this week! We were so happy! Having members in the lessons not only helps us and the investigators, but also the member who is with us :) Such a happy thing. 

This week we had a couple more lessons with Karen! She seems to be progressing so that makes me super happy! I hope she continues to recognize the truthfulness of this message! This week the Elders gave her sick baby a blessing and it was so neat to see the Priesthood in action. We really are so blessed to have the authority of the Priesthood! What a blessing! 

This week we also had a lesson with Vivana, a lady who works in the Cyber. She has been Baptist all her life but hasn't been active for the past four years. We taught her about the restoration and The Book of Mormon. She was really attentive but a little defensive :) Haha she is a firm believer in the bible... which is really good, but she told us the Bible is it for her and she just can´t see how there can be another book from God. And that she just couldn´t read it with faith... but that she would read it because she was curious (hey curiousity... is the best start eh?). I wanted so badly for her to know in that moment the truthfulness of this sacred book!  I realized in that moment how strong my testimony of the Book of Mormon actually is. This last week I finished the Book of Mormon from when I started in the MTC and wow... I learned SO much. I LOVE that book and know that its true. I KNOW that it is proof that our Heavenly Father loves us. I know that it gives us the guidance we need in this time! It truly is the foundation of this gospel! 

I can´t believe its DECEMBER! Where is the time going! I absolutely LOVE this time of year! Yesterday we had a special lesson in sunday school about the Savior! He truly is the reason for the season! The teacher started out by asking what was the most important part of our religion... if we could name one thing. People started shouting out... Book of Mormon... Prophets... families... etc. But really Jesus Christ is the most important part of this church, it is His church. And literally EVERYTHING connects back to Him and His atoning sacrifice for us. We read a scripture in 2 Nephi 25:26:
 "And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." 

He truly is the center of everything we do and everything we are. He is the reason for the season. I love the new initiative the Church released "The Gift" (if you haven't checked into it, do it, its stellar). He truly is "The Gift". What a blessing I have to be sharing this sacred gift this season! As this special month passes by I hope that I can give all my energy in sharing this gift with the people of Argentina! I hope that we can all remember the TRUE Gift this season and share it with all those who are willing :) 

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Family Home Evening at the church! Santi with the Armor of God! The Elders are good improvisors. Haha :)

 SOAKED. It doesn´t rain a ton here... but when it does... it pours...

 And then that rain...

 Turns to snow.... (Keep in mind... in Argentina right now its supposed to be June...) Also... this was the first time ever my comp had seen snow. SO fun.



The best of friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment