Tuesday, December 16, 2014

But If Not...

Hola!
WOW... What a week! 
This week has been crazy; a funeral, zone meeting, zone conference, AND transfers!
A crazy week, but full of so many tender mercies!

This week one of the members of our branch passed away; Hermano Vasquez, he was such an example to the whole branch! It was really good to be there for the funeral to support the family! Tragedy really brings people together. It was interesting to see the difference in culture! The beautiful thing is that the truth of eternal families is never changing, wherever you go :)

This week we had some cool experiences and taught some special people. We decided to go find a family that we contacted in the street about a month ago, I kept remembering the girl's name. So we finally went to visit her. And her family is incredible! We taught them lesson one and it went pretty well! It´s so important to talk to everyone and then to pay attention to the names that keep coming to mind... there is usually a reason!

One day we were walking and saw an open door, and it was our goal to knock all the open doors. We didn´t have much time and were just gonna give a card. But without hardly asking, she had us sit down and gave us something to drink. Turns out she is a less active! But she wasn´t in our records! She´s stellar. I love finding less actives who just need some help :)

Probably one of the happiest moments of this week was yesterday... Karen came to church! We were so stoked! We went to offer service and she ASKED us what time church was. We told her we would come by for her at 8:30. We were a little doubtful, because for the past 3 or 4 weeks we have gone to get people who said were going to come to church, and they weren't there. But Karen was there! She woke up, got her 3 month year old baby ready and came :) It was such a blessing to have her there! Heavenly Father answers prayers!

This week was Zone meeting and Zone conference! I LOVE training, every time, I learn so much! I love listening to President Goates, he is so inspired and always says exactly what we need to hear! He shared SO many incredible insights and counsel, but there was one part in particular I loved. He talked about how sometimes we want to obligate Heavenly Father... and say... what we want and how we want it... we think oh... if I do" this" "this" and "this"... he will for sure give me "this". We sometimes obey the commandments thinking "if I can just make it through this faithfully, he will give me what I want". And sometimes we think "that" is faith. He shared a scripture in Daniel 3:17-18 of what true faith is...

  "It it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. .... BUT IF NOT.... be it known unto thee O king, that we will NOT serve thy gods.."

I LOVE this. This is faith. Even if I work my absolute hardest, and do ALL that I have been asked and don´t see any progress... or if we are so faithful and always are obedient and we aren´t seeing the blessings we thought... will we still continue onward? That is faith and diligence. When all has fallen and we feel at our lowest... and we STILL press onward. What an example!

Last night we got transfers... and to be honest I had NO clue what was going to happen! Really all situations were very likely.... but....
I am being transferred to TUNUYAN
and my new companion is Hermana Guzman from Peru! 
Hermana Magaña will be leaving as well. To be sister training leader in San Juan! We were definitely not expecting that! I am SO sad to leave Malargue but am ever so grateful for the people I have met, and the experiences I have had. Malargue will forever have a special place in my heart :) I can´t believe I am finished with my training and am leaving to another area! I have learned so much, but have so much more to learn. I am excited for my next adventure and time to improve! I know the Lord has a plan for me and this is where I am supposed to go! 

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

The crazy Cuevas family! I love them super much ;)

 Pizza with Hermana Moreno for Hermana Maganas birthday!

Feliz Cumpleaños a mi compañera! 
 Hahah... I think this shirt is so funny :) People here always wear clothes with English and NEVER know what they mean. Its so funny. She asked me to explain it to her... but it was literally impossible. 

Fact. The Book of Mormon is the happiest book ever, and this is the cutest baby ever :)


 Zone Conference! 





No comments:

Post a Comment