Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Praise to the Man

HOLA Amigos!
This week was a happy week!
In Argentina the 6th of January is the Dia de Los Reyes... and "The three kings" bring gifts to all the kids. Anyways... it`s a big deal here. And we had the opportunity with our ward to go to the hospital and give out gifts to all the little kids in the pediatric department. Three hermanos dressed up and were the three kings it was quite the sight :)  It was such a special opportunity to be able to bring a smile to these suffering families. We also got some stellar references :) YES.

This week I have felt SO grateful for the spirit. Sometimes I get frustrated and think I`m not being guided by the spirit. But this week I prayed extra hard to be able to truly feel of His guidance, and direction. And I realized that it really is noticed in the smallest things. For example... walking home from ward council we decided to talk to a random girl so fast... popped in my head..."talk to her!" and... almost immediately she opened up and told us all the difficulties she was going through; in the middle of a divorce, found out she can`t have kids... etc. etc... Heavenly Father really knows His children. So many little experiences like that this week that remind me that this is His work :) 

Also this week we had an incredible family home evening with the Stampononi family. They are right back at it... they had a little rough patch but they started reading and praying again as a family! I love how as you enter their home and see how they interact... you automatically know if they are praying and reading or not... It makes all the difference. No lie. :) Also the Sosa family came with us and wow... they are the perfect match... the perfect fellowershippers (not sure if that`s a word), they clicked so well. I have such a strong testimony of working with the members... not only does it strengthen the investigators... but it rekindles that fire in the members and reminds them the pure joy and peace that the gospel brings. :) 

Also this week we had a special family home evening with Norma and Enrique and the Familia Coco (and adorable elderly couple) about Joseph Smith. Enrique has had some doubts and we wanted to make sure they had a strong testimony of the prophet of the Restoration. We watched the Restoration and afterwards as we were talking about it... Norma said... "I can`t even explain what I felt in the part of the vision...... I KNOW it really happened.. I know it..." The spirit really was so strong. I also in that moment was reminded of my testimony of Joseph Smith.. I KNOW he saw our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. I know it. SO many times in the mission that is the first doubt we hear or first critique.... I have heard so many false claims and rumores.... It really puts your testimony to the test... But I know it. ..."By their fruits ye shall know them..." Everyday I see more and more evidence of His fruits as the Prophet of the Restoration and a man dedicated to the work of the lord... I love the witness of John Taylor found in D&C135.....

"Joseph Smith, the Prophet and Seer of the Lord, has done more, save Jesus only, for the salvation of men in this world, than any other man that ever lived in it. In the short space of twenty years, he has brought forth the Book of Mormon, which he translated by the gift and power of God, and has been the means of publishing it on two continents; has sent the fulness of the everlasting gospel,which it contained, to the four quarters of the earth; has brought forth the revelations and commandments which compose this book of Doctrine and Covenants, and many other wise documents and instructions for the benefit of the children of men; gathered many thousands of the Latterday Saints, founded a great city, and left a fame and name that cannot be slain. He lived great, and he died great in the eyes of God and his people; and like most of the Lord’s anointed in ancient times, has sealed his mission and his works with his own blood." 

Praise to the man... :) How grateful I am for the faith and sacrifice of the Prophet Joseph Smith. What a blessing I have to continue in the sacred work for which he gave his life :) 

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Hermana Streadbeck!

 San Juan Crew :)

 Hermana Coco and Norma :)

 Hermana Coco :)

 Zone Meeting :)

 Our water filter... it gets like this after like a week...

 Hermana Gonzales :) Intercambios!

 Almuerzo con las vecinas :)


Noche de Hogar con la familia Stampononi :)




No comments:

Post a Comment