Saturday, September 20, 2014

Ready or Not... Here I Come!

HOLA!
Wow... What a week. More like what a day.. That's what it felt like. It went by SO fast. And....
 I LEAVE ON MONDAY!

 Where did these past 6 weeks go? Beats me. I am SO grateful for the opportunity to be here! I have learned so much these past 6 weeks. The spirit here and experiences I have had here have been life changing! I definitely know I'm not ready... but I am at least a little more prepared than I was before! Ready or not though... I'm getting on a plane Monday morning! I'm so thankful my visa came! Four Elders in my district didn't get their visas, and already have reassignments to Oregon, and Pennsylvania. So crazy!

This week was a good one. We taught all of our investigators our last lessons! I really learned so much from all of them! In our last lesson with Jose he told us his life story! What an amazing person! He was born and raised in Guatemala and begged his mom to let him continue to go to elementary instead of work on the streets. He worked morning and night to pay his way through elementary school all the way to high school. He was persistent and dedicated and eventually made it through college and to the US. He now supports ALL of his family here AND in Guatemala. What a dedicated guy! I respect him so much for breaking the never ending cycle of poverty and lack of education that often happens to families in 3rd world countries. I love him so much!

Tuesday's devotional was a special one... because.... RICHARD G. SCOTT came. I was so thankful to have the opportunity to listen to an apostle before I left! It was such a cool devotional! They broadcasted it to all the MTCs in the world! His message was amazing... but I have to say the thing that touched me the most... is when he walked in. We all stood up together and as he walked in the spirit literally hit like a wall. He is truly an apostle of God. No doubt in my mind. He talked about prayer. What a privilege it is to communicate with our Heavenly Father anytime anywhere. He wants us to be happy and wants to hear about our lives. He said, "His purpose... is our eternal Happiness." He wants to know how we feel and cares about our happiness! Something I found so interesting is that he said... "Give thanks when you don't receive an answer... this is because it means he has TRUST in you." Sometimes that is a hard lesson to learn. But what a blessing it is to know that our Heavenly Father trusts us and believes in us! Though I would love it if he would just tell me what to do all the time. It is just not like that. Prayer is so real. I have prayed more than I ever have in my life and every day my testimony grows more and more about the power of prayer. 

I can't believe that by this time next week I will be in Argentina! YIKES! How exciting though! I am so excited for this new adventure in my life! I am also SO grateful for the MTC. It is truly an amazing place! :) I love being a missionary!

Until next week... from ARGENTINA.... Adios!
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Our district with Brother and Sister Hartman. I LOVE them SO much!


 Mi companera and the Hartman's (That's their red car... they're so rad)



 Hermanas from the other Zone. We LOVE them :)


 Elder Wilson had an itch on his shoulder....
 
Turns out he was using the wrong end of the pen. Hahaha. Oh how I love Elder Wilson. He keeps life real. 


My district is bomb. Elder Baesler is da bomb.



Last lesson with Jose. He is the sweetest.


No comments:

Post a Comment