Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vale La Pena!

Hola! 
This week has been so so fast. I swear the weeks get shorter and shorter. I can't believe I'm almost done! Tomorrow I get my travel plans! Say what? This week has been amazing and definitely a week of growth. Serving a mission is hard, but so worth it! This week we learned a cool phrase in class, "Vale La Pena".... It's worth it! Everyday has it's challenges and everyday my testimony is tried and grows, but all the challenges I have are worth it! 

This week has been a pretty normal week. I feel like I'm finally starting to get the swing of things. It feels like my life. I'm totally used to the schedule. And have finally figured out the tricks and how things go. Teaching is going well. Lots to learn but it's coming along. We got to teach a lesson over skype to a member in Uruguay! She was so sweet. We also  have three "investigators" so that's always fun! We have been focusing on Baptism and two of our investigators have committed. As we were asking our teacher for advice and feedback, he told us something I thought was really profound. He said make sure they are really prepared and know what is entailed because, "Receiving ordinances doesn't save you, LIVING covenants does." I love that, it's not just about the baptism, but what happens after, and LIVING your baptismal covenants.

This Sunday because it was fast Sunday we had mission conference which was as an entire MTC and the District President (or something like that) Brother Lindahl, and his wife spoke. Turns out he was the Mission President of the Mendoza, Argentina mission 3 years ago! He made me SO excited to get there! I loved what he said, "Having fear is okay, as long as it doesn't paralyze you." I have lots of fears about leaving the MTC, but I'm not gonna let them paralyze me :)

This week I have realized more fully how truly lucky I am to be a part of this generation and to be a missionary in the latter days. This sunday at choir practice (choir is awesome by the way.. I'm a terrible singer but I go because it's the coolest thing ever) the choir director Brother Eggett (he ALWAYS has the coolest stories and thoughts) said, "The chance of YOU being a missionary RIGHT NOW... is 1 in ONE MILLION" that's pretty insane. How lucky am I. He also told us that since Thomas S. Monson has been prophet... he has called 75% of the missionaries in the history of EVER. That... is pretty significant. The work is truly hastening and I am so lucky to be a part of it.  :)
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson






Hermana Friends! These Hermanas have been the best! They're going to be amazing in Bahia Blanca! 

No comments:

Post a Comment