Monday, March 9, 2015

According to the Faith...

Wow. Oh. Wow.
What a CRAZY week! 
Full of SO many miracles... JOY... and Changes....

This week has been one of the weeks full of the most joy. Pure joy. Joy that comes from the happiness of other people. The branch is improving leaps and bounds! We have seen so many miracles, so many hearts changing through the Gospel. We went to visit the Campos family, Sol, the investigator that came to church last week, and wow, they had read EVERYTHING we left them to read and were chuck full of questions and were so excited to learn. I thought back to the first lesson we had with them and how much they have changed, their countenances are completely different. They are experiencing a change of heart.

Second miracle of the week... a couple weeks ago we talked to a lady named Norma in the street and she really opened up to us, said we could pass by and that we should go see her daughter, we went but they weren`t there. Then one day we were on our way home and decided to pass by the park to tract. I saw a lady sitting down and without seeing her face started talking to her and gave her a card.... she responded, "Seems like God keeps putting you in our path..." It was the same lady, and REAL far away from where we had previously talked to her. We passed by and they had read the entire pamphlet and were SO attentive, after we finished teaching the Plan of Salvation... Lucia (the daughter) said... "It makes absolutely perfect sense" they are SO prepared. We taught a lesson in the morning to Norma and Lucia and they sent us a message later that day asking if we could come visit their dad and teach him too. We went that same day. He is SO prepared too. He said, "It wasn’t just a coincidence that we crossed paths, it was a miracle, God has something special prepared for me and my family..." Talk about prepared. 

Those were only two of the countless miracles that came this week... SO many miracles, new people found, and prepared people ready to change. I thought about what was the difference this week and I remembered last week Hermana Guzman made me think; she said "If you TRULY believe that the people can change and that YOU can help them change, they will". Faith. This week I prayed to have Faith in the sacredness of my calling as a missionary and to be able to see the people not how they are but who they can become... and we saw miracles..."For he worketh by power according to the FAITH of the children of men." (Moroni 10:7) Our prayers have been answered, we have been led to people who are prepared and need us. It`s amazing what happens with a little faith :) 

Now for the changes... Transfers are this week... and...
I`m going to San Juan, Central and....
I`m Training...
Wow... I have so many mixed feelings. I am So sad to leave Tunuyan and Hermana Guzman. These last two transfers have CHANGED my mission and my life. I know without a doubt that my Heavenly Father knows me personally and had it all figured out; where I needed to be and the people I needed to meet to learn all I have in these last 3 months. I love these people with all my heart. It`s so hard to leave, and especially when so many miracles are happening but I have no doubt that my Heavenly Father knows what is best...  I am also TERRIFIED to wash area AND train. I still feel like a baby in the mission. As I think about this new experience a common scripture comes to mind.... "Can the blind lead the blind? Shall they not both fall into the ditch (Sequia...)"  hahaha... nah Just Kidding! the Real scripture that came to mind (although... that one did come) is, 1 Nephi 3:7....
"I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."
I know that if Heavenly Father has called me to train and wash the area, he believes I can do it and will prepare a way; although I may be terrified, I don`t doubt that he will prepare the way :)
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Presidente Vera, what a wise man. I have learned so much from him!

 Mi mamà de la mission... and she`s dying (going home). Oh how I love her :)

 Argentina and their wine....

Had to take a picture...


No comments:

Post a Comment