Monday, March 2, 2015

The Feast...

Hola!

This week has been so strange... its like half winter half summer. It feels like Utah... one day we are dying of heat and the next day we`re sportin scarves and gloves... it`s all good though... makes me feel at home ;) 

This week finally got to have a lesson with a girl "Brenda" we talked to almost a month ago. We started with an opening prayer and as I was praying she stopped me and said... "It`s Florencia..." For about a month we had her name wrong, coming and trying to make an appointment... turns out her sister was the first girl we talked to... named Brenda... but every time after that it was her... Poor girl she was probably so confused. But she is so humble and wants to learn. Hopefully she`ll forgive us :)

Another blessing this week. The Campos family that we had been teaching about a month ago and had to leave for a while because she had her baby.... at 7 months... because she was in a car accident, and has been pretty much living in the hospital ever since, away from her other 18 month old baby... poor girl, she`s 16. Her baby still is so small and in the Neo unit. He has a month now and still weighs less than 2 pounds.... :( As we were talking and reviewing the Book of Mormon.... she randomly just said... "Can we come to church tomorrow?" .... Ummm.. YES. It was so genuine. The best part was that she actually came :) You could see her desire to change, a better future for her sons. Heavenly Father puts trials in our way to help us change. No doubt. 

In our lesson with Alan and Silvana this week we asked Alan to read a scripture and as he turned the page, the page tore. He instantly just started crying. He LOVES his scriptures. He has them all marked up with tabs and everything. It`s adorable. That is not the normal 8 year old. The normal 8 year old would cry if his ipod broke right?... but scriptures? It was such a simple tender moment, but made me reflect on how much I love my scriptures and study.

I think that one of the greatest lessons from my mission so far is learning to LOVE the scriptures. Anyone who knows me knows that reading has never been my number one hobby. I lasted about 10 minutes before I started to fall asleep. Heavenly Father has truly blessed me with a testimony of scripture study... its amazing how one hour a day... has CHANGED my life. I`m truly learning to  "Feast upon the words of Christ..(2 Nephi 32:3)"  I feel like before my mission... I just "tasted" of the spiritual strength that the scriptures bring... but now I am learning to FEAST, to truly indulge in them. "My soul delighteth in the scriptures...and my heart pondereth them." Every day I count down the minutes until that special hour that I have to open my heart and my scriptures and learn what my Heavenly Father wants to teach me :) 

That`s probably one of the greatest secrets of the mission life and what makes missionaries different... Scripture study. But the best part is that Anyone can study the scriptures, and let them change your life... don`t have to be a missionary ;) Sorry this is so long... it`s just that I love scripture study so much haha :) 

Had to share this quote..... Puts things into perspective :)

Don`t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!” -Richard G. Scott
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 A day out to eat... :) (SO yummy... and less than 4 dollars...)

Our minions... a member made us... haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment