The craziest thing happened this week….
I hit my 9 Months mark... I`m halfway… I seriously can`t believe how fast time is flying. It`s not fair :) I am so grateful for these last 9 months, the things I have learned, the experiences I have had and the people I have met, I can only hope that these next 9 months don`t fly so fast.
This week my value for the importance of working with member was again strengthened. We went with Hermana Saldivia to visit Alicia and later in the week we went with Hermana Duran (Relief Society President) and it was AMAZING to see the difference it made. They both had so much in common with Alicia and Eliana, much more than we thought. They bore strong testimony of the exact things that they both needed to hear, they were definitely inspired. I loved watching the difference it made in both lessons.
Alicia, accepted a fecha (baptism date)! She still feels like she isn`t ready but we explained that she being the go-getter that she is, the importance of having a goal. She is one of those people who was truly searching for the gospel but just didn`t know it yet. Eliana is also progressing well. She continues to amaze me. She told us this last time we went that she is seeing changes in all aspects of her life. She explained that she doesn`t have the same desires to do things she loved so much before, that she just feels like she shouldn`t do them (such as going out dancing haha). It made me think of the scripture….
"And they all cried with one voice saying: Yeah, we believe all the words which thou hast spoken unto us, and also, we know of their surety and truth, because of the Spirit of the Lord omnipotent, which has wrought a mighty change in us, or in our hearts, that we have no more disposition to do evil, but to do good continually..." (Mosias 5:2)
When an investigator truly starts to have that change of heart and notice the power of the gospel in their lives, they begin to gain a sure testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel. I love watching hearts change :)
Also... the BEST part of this week was the Cordoba Temple Dedication. What a blessing it was to be a part of such a special event. I am so grateful for all the missionaries, church leaders, and faithful members in this area who`s faithful sacrifices over the years have made it possible to have yet another temple in Argentina. Yesterday President Uchtdorf explained how much progress the church has made in Argentina over the years. I feel so lucky to be a missionary here and to be able to see the fruits of many years of faithful sacrifices. The dedication was incredible. President Uchtdorf said some things that really hit me....
· "Going to the temple isn`t just a good idea, it is a manifestation of our dedication to walk before the Lord with all our heart."
· With every temple built, the power of Satan on the earth is diminished, and the power of God is increased"
· Everything we do in the church brings us to the temple, everything we do in the temple, brings us to the Lord."
· The temple is a preview of all the blessings that await the faithful."
· "We as "mormons" are known for many things... but above all let us be known for a people who love their God and their fellow man" He explained that everything we do in the temple helps us keep those two sacred commandments, to love our God and our fellow man.
· He also talked about the importance of having a current temple recommend. That is our self evaluation to know if we are living in the way we should.
I truly LOVE the temple and am so grateful for these sacred houses of the Lord in which we have the opportunity to Serve our God and our fellow man, find refuge and strength, and be close to our Heavenly Father :)
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson
P-Day bowling! (No worries I`m still horrible)
Hermana Pauslon :)
All the Hermanas :)
International lunch.... amigos from all over the place...
(USA, Chile, Germany, Mexico, Spain)
9 months! I seriously can`t believe it!