Monday, May 25, 2015

Member Miracles

Hola!

This week has been such an amazing week! We have seen so many miracles.

 We have found some amazing new investigators. One is Lucrecia. We found her knocking doors and always felt we needed to go back even though she was always super busy. Well we finally had a lesson with her and we asked her what she hoped from this message and why she wanted to listen, and she told us that she had always felt the need to come closer to God but it was always second priority and she said that when we wouldn`t stop coming to her house she thought...."Alright... this must be my sign..." haha. Persistence is key :) 

The biggest miracle this week was Alicia.....
Wow... She is such a dedicated investigator.
 In our lesson this week she showed us her new study journal she made. She cracks me up. She moved all her old pages and pages of questions and answers and put them all in a new notebook she decorated and everything. She is truly showing me the power of diligent study. There is such a difference between...reading the scriptures... studying the scriptures... and examining the scriptures. She truly EXAMINES the scriptures... and it makes all the difference. I have learned that when an investigator is truly willing to dedicate time to study and read, everything falls into place, but when they are not willing... it is pretty much impossible.

In our lesson with Alicia we brought Hermana Saldivia again... and that was SUCH a good choice. Our biggest struggle with Alicia has been getting her to go to church. She literally keeps EVERY commitment, but struggles with church attendance, which is like the most important. Anyways... at the end of our lesson we talked again about the importance of attending church and
 Hermana Saldivia said, "How bout I pass by your house at 9:20 and we walk together?" 
and Alicia said... "How bout 9:00 I don`t like to be late..." 
I was in shock. AH. I tried really hard to hide my explosion of excitement... We were waiting outside for them to come and we saw Hermana Saldivia but not Alicia.... then two seconds later... she jumped out and said "Just kidding, here I am... " Awe. She LOVED church and fit right in. 

Hermana Saldivia has made all the difference here. When we were leaving her house this week Alicia said "You know before you two showed up at my house I had been praying to find peace... but I never thought my answer would come from this loca rubia americana y morenasa chilena... but so be it.” She seriously cracks me up. So much character. And then Hermana Saldivia said... "look at these two angels your Heavenly Father sent you... and Alicia said.... No.... THREE". You`re heaven sent as well. Awe :) Working with members brings miracles.
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Foam Fight with the zone! LAS HERMANAS!


 Hermana Paulson... mi amiga!

Hermana Garrido... a little tired....


No comments:

Post a Comment