Monday, July 20, 2015

What He Needs...

Hola Amigos :)
Today is a new Day, a New Week, and a New Transfer... and a New month, for me another month of serving my Heavenly Father as a full time missionary, today I complete 11 months. Holy Moly. Time is a flyin`, but I am so grateful for every new day I have to serve :) 

This week there were some stellar moments. Hard ones too. Like every week :) Our friend Yanina told us about how her son has been telling her how her son really wants to come to church. And how she feels the need to help him find the right church. He`s only 5. So cute. Kids are truly instruments in the hands of the Lord. 

This week we found Marcos a 23 year old. He is SO prepared. He is a runner and is so dedicated to everything he does. And literally lives the Word of Wisdom to a T. Even the meat part.... (which is REAL rough here, for Argentina... if there isn`t meat on the table its not a meal...#meatcapitaloftheworld) Anyways we went with two YSA this week and wow, it was such a good lesson. He expressed his desires to understand Gods plan for him, and to help his family get through the hard times. My comp was super valiant and put a fecha with such confidence. He accepted :) 

Stella and her daughter Ludmilla continue to battle with their progress, but are putting forth a great effort. This week in our lesson Stella told us about how much she has learned about the  power of prayer she said "I never knew that I could actually talk with God, its so much more effective than reciting, I really feel he listens..."

This week we found a cute little lady named Ester. She lives all alone, and has a really rough life. We were actually on our way to contact an ALB and asked her for an address and she said we could come in for a minute. She opened up to us and told her about her difficulites. Poor girl. She was so happy we were there. She told us that she had just been at her friends house and felt she needed to come home. :) Also, we are going to teach her how to read!

This week in Sunday School... we had an AMAZING lesson (the teacher is literally amazing, brings everyone to tears every week) We talked about discipleship and what Christ`s earthly ministry means for us right here right now that, his work continues today and what it means to truly be his disciple... she shared a talk by Jeffrey R. Holland (The First Great Commandment... look it up... its amazing).... I LOVE this quote.... He talks about the conversation Christ had with Peter... I like to imagine he is talking to me.....
What I need, (Aubree), are disciples -and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, (Aubree), for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this (distractions... haha) and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally...
 What a blessing it is to be HIS disciples. Not just for now but forever :)

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

No comments:

Post a Comment