Thursday, September 3, 2015

Rejoicing Together :)

Hola Amigos!
Crazy week. Crazy day.
This week are tranfers..... and.....  The time has come....
I´m leaving San Juan.....
..... and heading to San Luis.... to be a Sister Training Leader my new companion will be Hermana Lloyd (she's from my group!)

I think about how fast these last 5 and a half months have gone by and It´s so unreal. Time is the weirdest thing in the mission. I feel like I JUST got here, and now I´m leaving. My time in San Juan has been a miracle. I have grown more in these four transfers than in any other time in my life. I feel SO grateful for the opportunity to have served here, had the experiences I´ve had, met so many incredible people, and truly grow in the way I have. I´m excited to see what San Luis has in store, but sad to leave this city! But I know that my rockstar hija is going to take care of everyone. San Juan is in good hands :)

This week has been a great week! We could visit for a second time some of our new people we found last week. Romina is an investigator we found last week. This week in our lesson with her she was telling us about how she lost her baby after 10 days. In that moment I felt so blessed to have the knowledge we have of the gospel and eternal families. And that through the gospel she can have the opportunity to raise that daughter. I sometimes just take a second to realize how absolutely beautiful the gospel truths are. :)

Our dear friend Cristina is doing so well. SO WELL: She came to church yesterday and it was ward conference and we had a training during Sunday School and she was so attentive and making comments...the leaders thought she was baptized... (miembro seco) She is truly learning how beautiful the gospel is. We gave her a little notebook for her to study and she practically wrote the whole chapter we gave her. She loved it. And just went off explaining all the things she loved and how she found so many answers. The Book of Mormon is always the answer. This week we asked her if she had prayed to really know if this message was true and if the Book of Mormon was true... and she said..."I did... and I really feel it´s true..." (music to a missionary´s ears...) She told us that she feels like she is receiving so many answers to life long questions. We always leave lessons with Cristina so edified.. she truly teaches us, the spirit teaches us all.... "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another and both are edified and rejoice together...."

I was thinking a lot this week about Cristina and her progress.. and I realized just HOW important the spirit is... It´s all him....  we are literally not capable to make them understand the gospel and gain a testimony..... "Neither is man capable to make them known, for they are only to be seen and understood by the power of the Holy Spirit, which God bestows on those who love him, and purify themselves before him..." (D&C 76:116)  I learn more and more everyday how little we can do without the spirit, and how much we can do THROUGH the spirit. Everyday I just try to be a little more worthy and receptive of the guide that makes it all happen. :)

Con Amor, Hermana Matheson

 Jesica and Elisa :)

 MEGA MILANESA sandwich prepared by Hermano Goldfarb. Crazy man. haha

 Conquering the sandwich.... my teammate....

The Goldfarbs....


No comments:

Post a Comment