Thursday, June 25, 2015

Peach y.... Peach :)

Hola! 
What a crazy week!

First things first.....  HAPPY FATHERS day yesterday! I feel so blessed to have such a hardworking, loving, and absolutely crazy dad. My heart is full of gratitude for the blessing I have to have such a good Dad. In the mission I have really come to understand just how important a father is and how their influence completely makes or breaks a family. My dad definitely MAKES the fam. How boring my life would be without such a rockin dad who has given me so many opportunites and taught me so much; he makes a great best friend :)

This week was a little rough... sometimes there are just days that are flat out tough. Nothing is harder than watching people you love and have seen make so much progress take a different path. We have recieved a fair share of rejection this week. Which... by the way builds character :) There were like three really hard days right in a row, and literally EVERY single person that day rejected us and some of our very best potentials completely fell through. I felt so so so frustrated. As I was talking with my companion we started discussing the trials of the day and how we both felt. Every night we do something that my mom taught me... Peach and Pit... (at the end of the day we say the best and the worst parts of our day, I´ve done it with all my comps). We started chatting and Hermana Avalos turned to me and said... "Today... only Peaches" so we started taking turns naming off all the good things that had happened that day. We came to realize that there were SO many "Peaches", so many little blessings that maybe weren´t anything different than other days but were blessings that maybe we didn´t notice other days. Sometimes you need the bad days to recognize the good ones. It reminded me of one of my all time favorite quotes.... by Gordon B. Hinckley.....

I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we “accentuate the positive.” I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good. :)

Sometimes we have to pass through the little storms in order to get to the rainbow eh? After a rough week Sunday night as we were full of frustration and it was about time to go back to the pension we decided to knock one more door and an energetic young mom came out and the first thing she said was.... "You came just in time.... my husband is driving me nuts...." Turns out she has felt the absence of something in her life ... She told us there is something missing but she didn´t know what it was.... Good thing we are here to tell her what :) SO HAPPY. I really know that our Heavenly Father knows us personally and knows to what point we can handle difficulty and ALWAYS has blessings waiting for us at the end of every little storm :) 

New District :)

Exchanges with Hermana Kiel :)



No comments:

Post a Comment