Monday, June 29, 2015

Same Power, Same Calling

HOLA amigos :)
This week flew! They all do... AH. 

This week found a cute family :) Yanina was a lady we kept passing by to see when we could come by and something always came in the way of us having a lesson, but finally after 2 months we could have a lesson with her and her "Pareja" Marcio. They just about killed me, they are adorable and OH so in love. The whole time they were holding hands. He expressed that he just wanted his family to be firm and united. He had read the pamphlet we left them. And he was so funny he asked "Is it really "Jose" Smith? From New York?" We said yeah really Jose? He responded that´s normally a Latin name... How weird.." Haha we were dying. Anyways, it was a really good lesson and we put a baptismal date and they accepted! Marcio kneeled and offered the last prayer :) Awe. 

Eliana our dear friend is doing well. It´s amazing to see her desire to be better every single day and overcome her trials and weaknesses. She has had so many obstacles. In our lesson she said..."I find myself constantly thinking about the commandments... does that happen to you guys?"  Awe. She really wants to keep the commandments and is truly becoming stronger and stronger in spite of all the temptations she has.

This week I have come to seriously appreciate the power of the Book of Mormon for me personally as a missionary. I´m pretty sure it was literally inspired and written especially for missionaries. EVERYTHING applies to missionary work. It has truly become one of my greatest sources for strength, guidance, and comfort. This week I was reading in Alma about all my amazing missionary friends... Alma, Amulek, Ammon, Aaron.... they are my heroes. I love reading about their patience, diligence, and faith and the will power they had to overcome all their trials... and boy did they have trials. I feel so grateful for their examples.... of Diligence... their burning desire to bring their brethren unto repentance...  "And now my brethren, I wish from the inmost part of my heart, yea, with great anxiety even unto pain, that ye would hearken unto my words, and cast off your sins and not procrastinate the day of your repentance." 

Their trust in the power of their calling... " I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true.. and a portion of that spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God."
As I was reading and amazed by their amazing conversion stories I came to the realization that I as a missionary have that same power. Of course the situations, people, and times are different but I have the same power and the same calling as them :) What examples they are to me, I only hope to be able to have even half as much faith, patience, and diligence as them :) 
Con Amor, Hermana Matheson




No comments:

Post a Comment